Thursday 5 September 2013

POWER GRAB ANTICS: "I Am Sorry, Please Pray For Me" - Suntai Begs For Forgiveness


POWER GRAB ANTICS: "I Am Sorry, Please Pray For Me" - Suntai Begs For Forgiveness

At last, Governor Danbaba Suntai of Taraba State has agreed to step down from office until he fully recovers from the injuries he sustained when the plane he piloted crashed on October 25, 2012.

His decision is part of the outcome of a meeting he had on Tuesday with a Committee on the state’s political logjam, his deputy, Alhaji Garba Umar; Speaker of the House of Assembly, Haruna Tsokwa, PDP leaders in the North-East and Senators.

Asking for forgiveness for grabbing power when he is not yet fit, Suntai said:
“I am happy to see you, please pray for me. Forgive me if I have made mistakes". When he shook hands the speaker of the House of Assembly, Haruna Tsokwa, he said, “Mr. Speaker, you know my problem. Please, I want you to help me to pray. God will help all of us."

Turning to the the PDP National Secretary in the North-East, Bala Endefo, Governor Sundai said, “This one, I have been quarrelling with him. Today, I forgive you.”

Chairman of the committee, Senator Hope Uzodinma, told journalists that although Suntai was recovering very fast, he was not in a good position to take full charge of governance in the state.

He said, “We have resolved the issue because it is just a family misunderstanding. We don’t have a crisis in Taraba. The governor is relatively very healthy and he has no disagreement with his deputy.

"In fact, he is in support of the fact that the acting governor should continue and should consult with him on major issues pending when he is ready to take over the full governance of the state. Taraba State has one united and strong government and the PDP is fully in charge.”

Suntai's wife, who many believe is the one stoking the fire, was also in attendance

No comments:

Post a Comment